Open the door to independent living opportunities with Your Home Canberra. We specialise in providing affordable, accessible houses, townhouses and units across the ACT.
Your Home Canberra works alongside Focus ACT, an NDIS registered disability service provider and charity. Some of our tenants receive support services from Focus ACT. If you would like to receive Focus ACT support services, you can do so, too.
At Your Home Canberra:
- We can help you to find a home that meets your needs and expectations.
- We will help you to maintain a secure, long-term tenancy.
- We arrange for you to meet and get to know the other residents before you move in.
- We can assist you with benefit claims and help you to keep your rent up to date.
- We help you to keep up to date with utilities payments, like gas and electricity.
- We can provide easy-read versions of information about your tenancy, rights and responsibilities.
Shared living is the most popular housing choice. This may be with one other person or a small group. We work with you to find the home that is right for you and your needs. We can arrange visits with tenants in shared living accommodation, so you can get to know them and then decide whether the house is right for you.
To be eligible for a Your Home Canberra house, you need to be at least 18 years of age and be living with an intellectual disability. You may also need to be on the Social Housing Register if the home is a Housing ACT (HACT) property.
If you accept our offer:
- We will need to see your NDIS plan
- Proof of income, if applicable, that is less than two weeks old
- Proof of assets, if applicable
- Proof of identity
- A letter from a Doctor, Psychologist or Disability Support Provider with evidence of disability.
What else does Your Home Canberra do?
- We can take care of the little things that are difficult to arrange like garden maintenance and any general repairs that are not the tenant’s responsibility.
- We keep a repairs/maintenance register and conduct tenant satisfaction surveys.
- We ensure that the tenant’s privacy and confidentiality is respected and that personal and/or sensitive information is handled appropriately.
- We ensure all of our operations continue to be ethical, accountable and transparent by meeting regularly with the Focus ACT Management Committee and the ACT Official Visitors to make sure our tenants’ rights are being protected and that we continue to meet our responsibilities to them.